We shouldn’t need World Sleep Day to remind us that we all deserve a good night’s rest, after all it’s so important for health and wellbeing, but it’s easier said than done. Nothing affects how you look and feel as much as sleep, or lack of it. So, we’ve created a sleep meditation guide to help you to wind down and prepare for your great night’s sleep, so you can wake up feeling energised and ready to go.
- Most importantly, stop using all devices one hour prior to sleep.
Put all devices away in another room rather than keep them in the bedroom to discourage you from checking them during the night.
Then, after you’ve finished your bedtime beauty routine, using Organic Surge’s restful essential oils found in products such as Lavender Meadow Hand and Body Lotion and Overnight Sensation Night Cream, which will help you to get your beauty sleep while caring for your skin, it’s time to prepare for some restful slumber.
Lie in your soft warm bed and just take a few, long deep breaths.
On the next inhale just hold the breath in for a moment and then let it go. Feel the wave of deep relaxation with each exhale.
- Now is the chance to review your day. Take a few moments to do this.
- During this moment, take a long deep inhale, then, gradually let the whole thing go.
- Get a sense that with each exhale you let go of your waking self and this day and move into the freedom to sleep. No one to see, nothing to do, nothing you need to control but just let go of the day.
- Start to count to four on the inhale, hold the breath in for two, and exhale for six.
- Inhale 4 3 2 1.
Exhale 6 5 4 3 2 1.
- Now stay focused on your breathing.
- Take one more deep inhale, and as you exhale sink down into your bed and invite sleep to come.