Congratulations to William and Kate on the birth of their Princess
As the world goes baby mad to welcome in the new princess, it got me reminiscing about my little bundle of joy (who’s not so little now!) I ‘shared’ my first pregnancy with Kate, and there is just 3 weeks between our babies. I even suffered from the same dreaded Hypermesis gravidarum as Kate, and can only wish her the best of luck with looking after two under two (one is hard enough!).
Like most other women, becoming pregnant means that you really have to think about everything that comes in to contact with your body, and that means what goes on it too. The skin is the body’s largest organ and research proves it capable of absorbing up to 60% of the ingredients in the products we apply, so for me that meant choosing organic, premium ingredients to get the best for me and my unborn.
The real advantage of using natural and organic bath and body products is that they enhance the skin’s natural function; working in synergy with the skin by utilising active ingredients that help optimise skin regeneration.
Organic Surge developed its range of products with a selected blend of naturally derived ingredients and certified organic essential oils that have caring yet effective qualities. An abundance of natural ingredients have been used in skin and hair care for many years, many of which are widely recognised for their genuine effectiveness in enhancing the health and vitality of the skin and hair.
Your body changes every day (literally) and that can bring a whole load of interesting consequences to add to your already unstable hormonal level.
During pregnancy, you may develop:
- stretch marks
- broken veins
- sensitive skin
- itchy skin
- changes in skin colour (pigmentation)
- Misery, thanks to all of the above.
Thankfully, most of the skin changes that take place during pregnancy disappear after your baby is born, however to get you through it, here are my top Organic Surge products.
- Pregnancy can be an itchy time for women, what with skin stretching over the abdomen. I liked to soothe my skin with Lavender Meadow Body Lotion, a light, hydrating lotion enriched with organic lavender and geranium essential oils, which only lifted my mood, but made my skin feel soft, smooth and moisturised.
- Your nails can change noticeably during pregnancy, what with the extra hormones making them grow faster stronger. However, some women, might find that their nails tend to split and break more easily during pregnancy. If this happens to you, try and keep them trimmed and lavish them with Gardeners hand cream. The omega 3 from Peruvian Inca Inchi Oil helps protect skin from dehydration and damage, whilst extracts from marine algae soothe skin redness.
- Many women experience changes in their hair texture and growth during pregnancy. The hormones secreted by your body will cause your hair to grow faster and fall out less, which is great! I liked to keep mine in tip-top condition by using the 2-Minute Moisture Hair Mask. It contains pure coconut oil and plant extracts, and it works to penetrate the hair shaft. It leaves my hair so soft and manageable, so no more hairbrush wars for me!