As of this Sunday the clocks go forward and spring has officially sprung! It’s the time of year when the UK starts to blossom following a cold, hard winter. Put a spring in your step and embrace the new season by making the most of the brighter mornings, longer days and new style updates!
BRAVE THE GREAT OUTDOORS
Swap the usual confines of the gym for the beautiful outdoors. Adapt your exercise regime to the local park and use the brighter, warmer weather as an instant mood booster. Try taking a walk during your lunch break or leave the car / travelpass at home and walk or cycle your way to work. Breathe in the fresh spring air, helping to make you feel more positive and energised.
FRESHEN UP THE WARDROBE
Pack away the winter knits and adopt the new-look spring edit. Take inspiration from key fashion trends – we love the following:
- Candy Colours – soft shades of pretty pink, baby blue, lemon yellow and mint green
- Neon – add a subtle touch of fluro
- Powerful Print – we love Erdem, Mary Katrantzou and Peter Pilotto
- Feline Shades – a nod to the fifties cat eye frames, the shades to wear for spring
- Stylish Backpacks – the arm candy for spring
Update your natural beauty, hair care and skincare regimes with key looks from this season.
Here’s our top five:
- Pony Club – the power pony was a hit on the catwalk
- Self Tan – add a little healthy glow with a touch of subtle tan
- Makeup – big brows, peachy cheeks and dewy skin
- Skincare – many skin types benefit from switching to a lightweight moisturiser in warmer months
- Scent – pack away your heavy winter scent and wear something lighter and more refreshing