We’re clearly passionate about organic. Our founder Alan MacKenzie set up Organic Surge after suffering from eczema and skin sensitivity. He was frustrated that he couldn’t find good-quality, genuinely organic skincare at an affordable price.
We’re a small team, based in the Scottish Highlands. We’re proud to be fully independent and striving always to make the best products we possibly can – products that are good for your skin as well as for the environment – is the heart and soul of what we do.
We wanted to find out more about why you choose organic skincare and beauty products, and the differences you see after switching to organic. We were blown away by the response. We had an incredible 214 replies to our Facebook question and we want to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who contributed. So rather than hearing it from us, here are the top ten reasons why you choose Organic Surge skincare, bodycare and haircare.
- ‘Organic Surge beauty products don’t irritate sensitive and eczema-prone skin’ came up time and time again in your replies. We understand the challenges of sensitive skin. SLS, parabens and synthetic fragrances are the most common irritants in skin and bodycare products so it's safe to switch to Organic Surge, which is 100% free of these harsh ingredients. Plus, all Organic Surge facial skincare products have been clinically and dermatologically tested and are suitable for sensitive skin. Find out more about how we test our products to ensure they are safe for sensitive skin here.
- You share our passion for choosing organic because it’s better for the environment. We work with Ecocert’s global standards and ensure we use ingredients derived from renewable resources that are manufactured by environmentally friendly processes. We also work with Ecocert on ensuring our packaging is always reusable or recyclable. You can find out more about Ecocert’s standards here.
- You choose Organic Surge because we don’t use any of the chemicals you want to avoid, including GMO, parabens, phenoxyethanol, silicon, PEG, synthetic perfumes and dyes, and animal-derived ingredients (unless naturally produced such as beeswax).
- We were delighted that you said you choose our products because you like our honest approach. This is so important to us. We are a small team and don’t have a marketing department or even an employee dedicated to marketing. We put developing great performing products first and always try to be transparent and honest in everything we do.
- You like the way our organic products feel to use. A word that came up time and time again was ‘better’. We don’t use any synthetic fragrances in our products, only pure essential oils. Essential oils have been used for thousands of years for their skincare benefits and mood-enhancing properties. They also give our products their vibrant, uplifting fragrances.
- You try to eat organic, so why wouldn’t you choose organic for your skin, body and haircare too?
- Thank you so much Katy Beardmore for feeding back on the quality of our customer services. Coreen and Jenny, who look after our customer services, are based in our office in the Highlands. They are on hand by phone on +44(0) 1955 606 061 or email, at email@example.com , to help with any questions or advice, so please do get in touch.
- You buy our products because they are cruelty-free.
- Do you do your grocery shopping on Ocado? Several people told us that they loved being able to easily pick up their favourite Organic Surge products with their weekly shop. Caroline A Emerson is a busy mum who told us that choosing Organic Surge gave her peace of mind for her skin and family.
- You also told us that you choose our products because they last and offer great value for money. The quality of the products was mentioned in many of your replies – which we are delighted about. We love reading your product reviews – Alan personally reads every single one. We include them on our website so you can read first-hand, unbiased reviews and feedback on every product.